Sunday, July 21, 2013

The truths about my internship pt. II



I learned how to write. Out of everything that I have learned, writing is the most important. I like to write in my spare time but journalistic writing (News) is far different than any other type of penmanship. Writing as a journalist has to be effective. That’s what I am good at. My goal in my internship was to make sure that I am remembered.

A great to make my mark on society is through writing. In my whole college career I struggled with what I wanted to do in life and I finally think that I found what I am looking for. To track my progress, I created a blog. The blog gives insight about my internship but also includes samples of my writing and helpful; advice to those who also want to pursue a career in media.


I also learned to pay a lot more attention to details that I already did. With some background in Political Science it is easier to analyze things and its easier for me to watch hours of CNN without moving. This internship along with Political Science allows me to appreciate news much more than I already did. I understand now that despite what others may think, my job is to report things as it comes. It is my responsibility to relate to the community because I am a liaison between the citizens and public officials.






In working in a Multimedia Station I learned that things (stories) may not pan out the way you want them to. Thats an important aspect of life. We cant always expect things to happen the way we want because in stories details change and people change the way they share details. Gaining information is a time consuming task and you have to be willing to take time to gather it. At the end of the day, if this is something you are willing to do, you will enjoy it. It doesn't matter the hours you work or the days, working in media is an extremely exciting job for me. In fact i dont think its just a job,its more like a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment