Friday, July 26, 2013

The Engagement Ring Fund



Its not unusual now for guys to save up for engagement rings for their special gals. While browsing the jewelry store, ring prices are pretty expensive and saving might be the best thing so you don't go broke. I must admit i fell in love with a Princess-cut diamond that looked absolutely great on my finger but for a college student the price is a pocket breaker.

   While reading Cosmopolitan's website, I read about a guy who had an engagement ring fund. Smart idea right? Well the guy (name unknown) began to save ahead of time because he knew that his future wife would one day enter his life. The guy pinched pennies and kept his eyes glued open for a quality stone for his one and only. After endless searching the jeweler he was working with found a VS 1 diamond. A VS 1 diamond for those that don't  know is a diamond with identifying inclusions and no blemishes. The guy spent thousands of dollars on the gem and borrowed the rest from his father. The actions displayed by the man was very peculiar because for one, he didn't have a girlfriend. I don't know what it means to be a man and I don't know the pressures of being one but I suppose meeting the right girl can make a world  of difference in a man's life. I met the perfect guy and I honestly want life to start as soon as possible. I see people getting married around me and I often feel like taking that leap to. But if there isn't a ring then what next? Saving doesn't just affect the guys but the girls that do the proposing. I'm not intending on proposing to my boyfriend but I saw the perfect ring for my guy. Quite frankly at 21, it cost a grip trying to acquire it.
There are times I wonder what is the significance of my relationship but when I look at the ring I want to give my boyfriend i remember how great he is. I never thought about anyone starting an
Engagement Ring fund but as talks of marriage enters the atmosphere, it is a great idea. I don't have a fund but I will soon be saving money for the band in Jared's for my Prince Charming. The guy who bought the gem found his wife in 2009 and proposed to her with the same gem he had been saving for every since he was 18. Engagement Ring Fund? No, I don't have one of those but pretty soon I hope to be starting a Wedding Fund for the walk into the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment