Thursday, June 13, 2013

The week of June 10

This week I went to North, SC. The reason for my travel was due to the flood that took place over the weekend. Covering the story was fun yet hardworking. The fun part of the story included meeting different people and going somewhere that I didn't even know existed.
The reporter that accompanied me was very cool to work with. This was my first time reporting so I didn't know much about filming but my mentor did not make it feel very difficult. This trip also helped me discover what I needed to do as far as having a prosperous career. However, the hardest part of reporting is catching action as it happen. This assignment was difficult because we didn't do that. Its also hard finding people that can recapture these events and give enough insight to create something useful. If I learned anything. I learned that being on time is a must. To be a successful reporter you must be competitive! The value of time is very important because when we arrived at the site, the mess had already been cleaned up. On June 12 week started our day discussing things that occurred overnight. This bought me to the next important lesson. You cant let certain stories affect the way you do your job. Our first story was really great for me because I met one of the Midlands most prominent reporters. He really gave me helpful advice. The 2nd and 3rd stories revolved around children. Those stories were the most fun because we got to get involved with the community. Working with Toni on the playground safety story was fun!! Although she is new and still learning it felt amazing working with someone my age. She gave a lot of advice on what to do while you are in college and the steps to take while you are applying for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment