Thursday, June 13, 2013

As an aspiring journalist, like many journalists my job is to report. Whether it is reporting breaking news or news for entertainment purposes. My internship at WACH FOX 57 helped me determine what type of news I want to report.
The first day of my internship was June 3rd. Being that this is my first media job I am beyond excited. When I arrived I was introduced to the cast and crew. I was able to watch everyone work. My first task was to write scripts which was pretty simple. I learned a lot while doing it (the difference between a package and VOS). However, I wasn't used to the hours because they were super early. Later  that week my area was still dedicated to writing and obtaining news off of the wire. Since my work hours were extremely early I was working during the morning show which includes restating the news from earlier and entertainment. We also came up with story ideas which was hard because we don't know exactly what it is important to the community. I am going to love what I do because the hours are flexible and it includes the two things I like to do the most...write and talk. The people are extremely nice.  ariel.fair@lander.edu

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun Mrs. Fair. Congrats to you and the offers that are set to come your way. I can tell you going to go far because this blog is very well done. Love you

    ReplyDelete